In the market to buy a new car? Check Amazon.
While the online retailer isn’t getting into the car sales game (yet), it has just announced a brand new “car research destination and automotive community” it’s calling Amazon Vehicles. The new platform claims to make it easier than ever for interested buyers to obtain the necessary information for vehicle, parts, and accessories shopping. Boasting specifications, images, videos, and customer reviews for thousands of new and classic car models on Amazon.com, Amazon Vehicles may hopes to be the buying guide car buyers have been looking for.
Branded as an extension of the Amazon Automotive store, which already features millions of products in categories like replacement and performance parts, tires and wheels, and more, Amazon Vehicles is the online retailer’s latest step in trying to become the go-to destination for just about every facet of your life.
“Our goal is to support customers during one of the most important, research-intensive purchases in their lives by helping them make informed decisions every step of the way,” said Adam Goetsch, director of automotive at Amazon.com. “Amazon Vehicles is a great resource for customers who are interested in car information or looking for a broad selection of parts and accessories – all enhanced by the ability to tap into the knowledge, opinions, and experiences of other car owners within the Amazon customer community.”
A number of research tools are featured in the new Amazon Vehicles, and to access this treasure trove of data, all you have to do is search like you would for any other product on Amazon. You can also browse by year, make, model, customer rating, miles per gallon, towing capacity, and more. And if you’re not satisfied by the information available, you can ask questions of your own or ask car owners to upload images and videos.
So if you’re looking for a new set of wheels, Amazon just might be the place to start.
- Hold on to your butts: These are the 20 fastest cars in the world
- LG V20 rumors and news leaks
- Fern-inspired ‘Nanofur’ can soak up oil spills without absorbing water
- ‘Rick and Morty’ co-creator to launch Squanchtendo, a VR game studio
- Verdun brings World War I to the PlayStation 4, trenchfoot not included
- Viveport Development Awards give devs a financial incentive to explore VR
- VW and its U.S. dealers reach proposed settlement over ‘Dieselgate’ scandal
- Trends with Benefits: Tesla Model S just got quicker, and WhatsApp just got a lot less private
- ‘Harvest Moon’ creator’s ‘Birthdays,’ a quirky sim game, coming to PS4 in Japan
- America’s first offshore wind farm is set to come online in October
- Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 4 phablet packs big 4,100mAh battery, goes on sale Thursday
- ‘Take your pill!’ Ultra-precise Dot beacons trigger alerts that matter
http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/amazon-vehicles-2/ via http://www.digitaltrends.com #CIO, #Technology